Thursday, April 5, 2012

Tulip Time

We didn't venture to Pella for tulip time, although I really would like to someday. We went to check out the tulips at Reiman Gardens, a much cheaper option at the moment with gas being ridiculously high priced, I believe we are at 3.79 right now...ugh. Anyway it was cool and a little windy but we ventured to the garden anyway. We took a couple of little friends with us as well while their mommy and new baby sister ran a few errands. It was a definate challenge with 4 little ones...two 2 year olds and 2 4 year olds. Everyone had different ideas about where they wanted to go and what they wanted to see but we stayed together pretty well and I think they all had fun. Callie really liked the purple tulips.
She also really like to smell the flowers although I'm not so sure she actually ever got a whiff, the picture is cute though!
All the kids had their favorite color flowers and wanted their picture taken in front of them(some of them look at the camera better then others of course:)
They were a little disappointed that the fountains in the water weren't flowing yet but it looked they were working on them so pretty soon I'm sure.
I think they're favorite part of the day was the rolling hills. They ran up and down the hills so many times I lost count. I didn't get any pictures but it was pretty funny to watch them over and over again. Speaking of funny just had to share these pictures of the cheese.and apparently here she had had enough of me taking her picture.and before we left Brenna thought we needed to have our picture on the butterfly chair. She was even posing the kids for the picture(again some cooperated more then others:)
We have had a good spring so far and this past week the boys started teeball. They are on the same team and as of yet we don't have a team name so I will keep you posted. They are so excited and so far love it! I will post pics when they get their hats and jerseys!

No comments: