Monday, March 22, 2010

Look Who

Is a big boy now!

Last week since it was Spring Break and we didn't have to go anywhere I decided that it was time to potty train Ty. He has shown signs he is ready for awhile now but I was dragging my feet as he is my.... challenging, push me to my limits, ornery but funny, silly, and totally adorable child...and I was just sure this was going to be a frustrating, horrible experience. Instead I was pleasantly surprised to find Ty was an eager and easy potty trainee. He loves his big boy underwear and he and Gabe loved helping me clean up the little potty from the basement. Since then he has graduated to the big potty but we still keep the little one around just in case. He has only had 2 accidents since the morning we started and those were the dirty sort, we still don't have that down very well but for now I am so excited he is understanding the "number 1" part. Gabe has been such a good help during our potty training. He is always the first one to give Ty a big hug and a good job when he goes potty in the toilet and makes a big deal about him staying dry and wearing big boy underwear. It has been a lot of fun watching them encourage each other. I'm sure there will be set backs now and again but I am proud of my little red head, this potty training thing is exhausting work:)

1 comment:

Janel said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! Way to go Mommy & Ty!