Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Homemade Ice Cream

I do this thing called swagbucks.  Basically you do different things, search the internet, take surveys, etc and earn swagbucks.  When you get so many you can trade them in for prizes.  I had been saving up my swagbucks for awhile to get Amazon giftcards.  I had my eye on the kitchen aid ice cream maker attachment for some summer treats around here.  I finally got so close to earning enough and I just caved and used my gift cards along with a little of my money to get the ice cream maker:)  We've used it several times so far and it is super easy and a big hit with the kiddos.  This was from our chocolate ice cream with smores trail mix mixed in. 

We decided to live dangerously and let Callie have a cone all by herself.  We stripped her clothes and sent her outside with her very first solo ice cream cone.  She LOVED it!

to no ones surprise she was extremely messy when she was done.

Gabe enjoyed ice cream too but was not enjoying pictures this night so no pics of Gabe and his ice cream but he is a big fan.  We are excited to try out some more flavors soon!


No comments: