Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Week Ago Today

A week ago today I awoke at 3:30 am(ugh) got ready and then Carl and I awoke our sleeping children at 4:30, got them dressed and out the door to go to the airport by 4:45. My generous dad drove us to the airport so we didn't have to pay for parking or ride the shuttle from long term parking with 2 kids, 2 suitcases, 4 carry-ons and a stroller. Once at the airport we got our luggage checked and got through security with very few problems. I didn't realize we were going to have to take the kids shoes off as well as our own and fold up the stroller and put it through the scanner and then have to get our bags and kids and shoes and stuff all back on. That part was a pain but the kids did a great job. Once we were through I went and bought breakfast and drinks for the flight. The kids did a pretty good job for getting up so early in the morning. Gabe was super excited and couldn't wait to get on the plane. Our flight was not very full which I thought was a good thing in case Ty decided to make himself heard(less people who want to strangle us) Both boys did a great job on the flight, Ty only had a few melt down moments but they did not last very long. Gabe just watched a movie. When we landed in DC Em came to get us and we headed to her house. It took awhile as it was 9/11 and they were dedicating the new pentagon memorial. Part of the main interstate was closed which caused lots of traffic back up but we finally made in back to Ems. Once we were there we just ordered food and all took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. After Em got home we drove with her to her church since she had bell choir practice, she showed us where a Wal-Mart was since we needed a few things and then we went to Chipotle. Once we were done we had a little bit of time to kill so we drove around the parking lot with lots of stores. Gabe was very excited to tell Grandma all about his vacation when we got back so about the 3rd time around the parking lot he said when we get back I am going to tell Grandma all about the parking lot. It was finally time to pick up Em and we went back and crashed for the night. Travel days are never too exciting.

No comments: